Date: January 28. 2017
City: Madison, WI
Venue: Kohl Center
Theme: And A Good Temple Needs A Plan To Work
- The Light of the Christs – The light of the Christs is one of the most important themes for the year. It is a theme that should guide all of our lives already. The Christs should be seen as the ultimate example that we should all live our lives by. When we look to the Christs as an example, we will be in a better position to be guided and teach the generations that come after us the things that are truly important.
- More Organization of the Chancel – The Chancel will be organized well and the policies of the central government will be the baseline for the local units to be governed and regulated by. It is not the job of the central government to tell the members what to think, but, in line with one of the themes for the year, it is about how we should think.
- Chancel Systems – The Chancel shall provide systems and databases for the local units. It is up to the local unit to keep track of these databases and will result in the increased strength of the Chancel as a whole.
- Events for the Year – One of the most anticipated events of the year will be the Firesides. The First of the Firesides will happen this next month in Houston. The point of the Firesides is to put more emphasis on the teachings that are important for the year and not just the semantics.
- Plans for the Year – Plans for this year will be the release of the Epochal Doctrine and Covenants and the other books. When the books are fully revealed, we will be in a much better marketing position.
- Themes of the Year – One of the biggest themes for the year will be on education. When we are educated, we are empowered to make better decisions for ourselves and for those around us.
- Moving Base of Operations – The base of operations for the governance of the Chancel will be moving from the Downtown Denver area to the southern part of the city. The increased space should make it easier to expand.
- Plenary of the Chancel – The plenary of the Chancel is to continue to expand the base of operations. A unit should have an average of 20 new recruits a month to stay in good standings and should have a retention rate of 80%. The Chancel will increase marketing on a large level with the release of new books planned for this year.