Text This Week
Ephesus 8: 1-16 – page 443-444
I testify that you must no longer live in the way that your elders have, but you shall transcend and you shall progress further than your parents. Because of the ignorance of most people in the hardness of their hearts towards others they do not understand the true nature of what they believe. They have handed themselves over to what they perceive to be the truth and they judge others based on their perception of this truth. That is not even the way that they supposedly lead. You were taught not in the truth, but in the dogma of man. You should put your bad part of your life away because it is corrupted. Be renewed in the spirit of your minds. Put on a new self and grow in knowledge and wisdom of all cultures and beliefs and not just your own.
Putting away falsehood and speaking of the truth is that the path towards reconciling and becoming members of one family of humanity. Do not lets the vices in the way of your life and always live in a virtuous way. Do not leave any room for unrighteousness in your life. Do not break the fundamental laws of man, because everyone is entitled according to their works. Impart grace on all those that you seek a witness to them of the truth and the nature of their lives. Be sealed in the spirit for the day of all redemption, the day of the individual one. Do not send the bitter anger towards others. Be kind to one another and forgive one another.
Treasures from the Word
- The Divine Plan starts with the change in heart of man.
- Stay loyal to the new person and to all of the values that the plan holds most dear. It will lead to many blessings that are ready to be taken by us.
- Why must our acts be in accordance with the divine plan towards ourselves and towards others?
- How can we see the degeneration of the values in the world today?
- What can we learn about the divine plan by learning more about this topic?
- What can we learn about the topic from the other readings for this week?
- We should teach the entirety of truth to all of the people of the world. We should not pick and choose what parts of the religion we claim to be that we believe in the most.
Living as Epochalists
- True love is best expressed in how we practice what we preach. We should not only believe in our religion and spirituality fully, but we should also take what we believe into practice. That is how we are to influence the hearts and minds of those around us.